With an outstanding academic record to her credit, Rashna Imam brings to the firm her expertise in Company and Commercial law gained as a corporate associate at Baker & Mckenzie (the largest law firm in the world). While working at Baker & McKenzie’s London Office, she represented global giants like Arcelor Mittal and Schneider Electric on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and post-acquisition integration spanning multiple jurisdictions. Her expertise lie in both litigation and non-contentious work. She has been recently made the Managing Partner at Akhtar Imam & Associates and is currently heading the firm’s corporate division. She is also one of the editors of the Legal Circle Law Report, a quarterly law journal of Bangladesh.
- 2003, Barrister-at-Law, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, England
- 2005, Advocate, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2002, LLB, University of Buckingham, England
- 2003, LLM, University of Buckingham, England
- 2007, BCL, University of Oxford, England
- Acquisition of Sheba Telecom by Egyptian telecom giant Orascom: first international acquisition in the telecom sector in Bangladesh (Deal value: USD 50 million)
- Proposed acquisition by a multinational of the entire passive mobile telecom infrastructure of one of the largest mobile telecom operators in Bangladesh: this deal is set to become the first of its kind in Bangladesh (Deal value: USD 250 million)
- Proposed acquisition of the state-owned Rupali Bank Ltd (Deal value: USD 500 million)
- Shareholder-management dispute in Travel Trade Limited, exclusive General Sales Agent of Gulf Air.
- Challenging by way of judicial review orders/decisions of various government and statutory bodies, e.g. the National Board of Revenue and the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Corporate Associate, Baker & Mckenzie, London Office
- Member of Baker & McKenzie’s India Focus Group
- Instructor, Company Law, Bar Vocational Course, Bangladesh Bar Council
- Lecturer of Company Law (External LLB programme of London University), London School of Legal Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Lecturer of Tort and Land Law (External LLB programme of London University), New Castle Law Academy, Dhaka Bangladesh
- Executive Member of Barristers’ Association of Bangladesh
- Member, Junior Chambers International, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- First Class Honours, LLB
- Good Performance Prize, LLB Finals
- Best Performance Prize in Land Law, LLB
- Best Performance Prize in Intellectual Property Law, LLB
- Merit-based International Students Scholarship, LLB and LLM
- Article — Convicted for contempt, but no right of appeal
- Article — Contempt of Court:Relic from our Colonial Past?
- Article — Judicial Supersession
- Article –The Executive and the Judiciary: conventions vs. supersessions
- Link: http://www.theindependentbd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12810:the-executive-and-the-judiciary-convention-vs-supersession